Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sealed With a Kiss

One of the weekly engagements I have is to go to my daughter's school and volunteer in the literacy and reading programs. Today as I made the rounds with the kindergartners, a little girl's hair clips caught my eye. They were cute, she wore one on each side of her head and they matched her valentines themed outfit. When I collected her for reading I realized that those little clips were Posy Pins. This little girl and I had a breif conversation about them, I said I liked them she said she liked them too. She looked at the one I was wearing and then I let her in on a my little secret. When I told her I made her Posy Pins a big smile crossed her face....

I've been thinking a lot lately about Posy Pins what they mean to me, where they end up and what our future together will be. I love Posy Pins but sometimes I question their intrinsic value. Its at the times that I question them most deeply that they reappear where I least expect them. That little conversation and the connection between that little girl and I, sharing and comparing our special Posy Pins, reminded me that its the little things that can bring us all together.

What you think about expands.... and today it all came back to me as a great big SWAK!!!

No comments: